The book is for sale for $19.99 at Amazon and can be ordered through this link:
1. I see a lot of job postings that require a security clearance. How do I get the clearance so I can apply for them?
2. Will the investigator review my social media as part of the background investigation?
3. Will I be required to give the investigator my passwords to search my social media accounts?
4. Will the investigator look at my on-line search history?
5. Can I be denied security clearance for things I did before I turned 18?
6. My clearance was revoked or denied in the past. Can I ever get cleared in the future?
7. Will I have to pass a polygraph examination to get cleared?
8. Will my supervisor see my answers on the security clearance questionnaire?
9. I had a messy divorce. Will my ex be interviewed as part of my background investigation?
10. I am having (or have had) an extra-marital affair and my spouse does not know. Will that keep me from getting cleared?
11. Can a non-US citizen get cleared?
12. The person I’m dating/live with/am engaged to/am married to does not have legal status in the U.S. Will that keep me from getting security clearance?
13. The nanny that watches my kids (or another person who works for me or my family) does not have legal status in the U.S.Will that keep me from getting security clearance?
14. I have not paid the employer taxes and Social Security deductions for my nanny or someone else who works for me.Will that keep me from getting cleared?
15. I have a family member who has been in trouble with the law. Will that keep me from getting security clearance?
16. Do I have to disclose "expunged" or "sealed" criminal cases on my security clearance questionnaire?
17. I’ve used marijuana as it is legal where I live, or I've used it where it is legal. Will that keep me from getting cleared?
18. I have used drugs in the recent past.Will the security clearance officials notify the police about it?
19. I'm a recovering alcoholic and go to AA meetings. Will that keep me from getting security clearance?
20. I have a mental health issue. What is the investigator going to ask my therapist or doctor?
21. Do I have to disclose my medical history to get a security clearance?
22. Can I get a security clearance if I have a low credit score?
23. I was fired from a job in the past, will that keep me from getting cleared?
24. I am a member of the LGBTQ community. Will that keep me from getting security clearance?
25. I have been very politically active in the party that is not in power right now, or I've participated in a lot of protests. Can I get security clearance?
This book answers the top 25 questions that we regularly get about the security clearance process.